Friday, April 22, 2011

Tree of... I forget what.

I've been asked twice by kids I've gone to school with over the age of fourteen what language is spoken in England.

I've had arguments with people over whether or not hens without the company of a rooster will produce eggs containing a chicken embryo.

Now I am coming to the realization that not everybody understands the relationship between a flower and a fruit. 

I don't know if someone directly told me how things worked when I was little, or if I just payed attention.

With the second two, it bugs me the most when I talk to people who like to think of themselves as "connected with nature", but don't get those two pretty simple ideas.  Like it's never occurred to them.

I'm thinking it's probably not their fault, just the crazy state of things.

And it makes me wonder, even if I understand some of these things, people miss so much.  What am I missing?  What has no one told me?  What have I not noticed?

No comments: