Sunday, February 08, 2009

apparently the coast is hot

It is so hot today. I just woke up about half an hour ago on the top bunk in a room in my host family's beach house we drove to yesterday. The ceiling fan above me looked a little like it was going to fly off its base it was moving so fast, and another fan was roaring on the floor, but I am still so hot... soooooo hot. I don't knowo what the temperature is, it is just "really freaking hot".

I lament my lack of bloggage the last several days. I just haven't had access to the computer... my host family uses it a lot, and it seems like every time I've gotten a hold of it recently, someone has asked to use it before my email has even gotten a chance to load.

Soooo yeah. I had more to say, but since it is so hot, my brain is sort of melting and I don't remember what all I was going to talk about except for tortillas, which I love. Here, tortillas fit in the palm of your hand and are about a quarter to half an inch thick. They come frozen, uncooked, in packages and when they are cooked they are delightfully crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside... and delicious.

Also, people here put mayonnaise on EVERYTHING. I tend to decline...

No comments: