Monday, February 16, 2009

Internet: I have it.

I'm currently connected to internet right here in Gamboa! I discovered it last night, and although it blips out sometimes and is a fairly weak signal, it's working alright. We shall see.
Anyway. Here are some examples of the birds I've been seeing around here; these aren't my pictures because when I see these birds they are moving way too fast/I don't have my camera with me:The above are 'lesser kiskadees'. They flit around in pairs of groups of three or four and sometimes just sit on the ground, zoned out. They're goofy.
This is a blue-gray tanager. They're all over the place, like sparrows but more colorful. :) I think I have one picture of one up on my Flickr account, but it's not a very good shot.
Obviously, this is not a bird. But they are all over the place: it's an agouti. They're cat-sized rodents and they're adorable. People don't seem to hate them or anything, I don't think they do much damage or anything. But they wander through the yard and sniff around until one of the dogs chases them away. They're extremely fast and even Bimbo, our big black lab, has never caught one. In Spanish they are called neques.
I don't know what kind of bird this is, but they fly over Panama Bay and other bodies of water all the time.
And, of course, I've been seeing and hearing these little mini-toucans.
I think we're going to go rollerblading now (even though it just poured down raining??) so I'll talk to you guys later. :)

No comments: