Tuesday, February 17, 2009

oh ticks, how i hate thee

I have the lifeless bodies of at least ten ticks on my nightstand, squished by my deadly tick-killing weapon: bottle of nail polish. it's one in the morning here. I think that my host sister's giant stuffed dog is the main nest, but she refuses to remove it from her room, even from her bed... ticks. everywhere. in my room, in my bed. WHY?????

UPDATE: I killed around 20 ticks last night, and I keep finding more, mostly on my host sister's bed. We found a bunch living inside of her blanket and giant stuffed dog, so we removed those items from the room... ugh. I hate ticks. What purpose do they serve, anyway? No one eats them in large quantities, they must be useless parasites. aaauuuugggghhhhh.This is a tick on my bed. This is not cool.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you suppose the ticks wonder what their purpose is?
Anyway, what plague is planned next for your bed?

(The Artful) Dodger said...

This definitely surpasses the greatness of my very minor ant infestation.

Anonymous said...

All creatures, including us, are bound to collapse into an existentialist jelly if they wonder what their purpose is. But all other creatures, except us, lack the brain cells to ponder these things. Which is why the pharmaceutical industry's effort to market antidepressants to ticks failed.

Ana said...

mmmm... extistentialist jelly.